Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fangirl - Book Review

Author: Rainbow Rowell
Edition: Pan Macmillan Paperback
Released: September 10th 2013
Pages: 461 Approx.


Cath and Wren are identical twins, and until recently they did absolutely everything together. Now they're off to university and Wren's decided she doesn't want to be one half of a pair any more - she wants to dance, meet boys, go to parties and let loose. It's not so easy for Cath. She's horribly shy and has always buried herself in the fan fiction she writes, where she always knows exactly what to say and can write a romance far more intense than anything she's experienced in real life.

Now Cath has to decide whether she's ready to open her heart to new people and new experiences, and she's realizing that there's more to learn about love than she ever thought possible ...



This Young Adult book has been on my TBR for literally 6 months. So when It was given to me as a gift, I was over the moon.
This book definitely has a lot of hype throughout the young adult community so of course I had to give it a go.

To be honest, this book did not live up to my exceptations. I was bored for the first half of the novel, and I tried really hard to get into it. I think the story just dragged on and I was not getting hooked.

In the real world i must say, I hate fan fiction. I have just never found it interesting. Maybe that had a part to play in my opinion on this book, as there is a lot about fan fiction throughout Fangirl.

The biggest thing I liked about this book was the romance, which mostly only occured in the last quarter of the novel. Cath and Levi become a really adorable couple which I loved.

So if you are looking for a cute, heart warming story. I definitely recommend you to give this one a go! 

I rated this book a 4/5 stars.

Happy Reading Everyone :P
Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment