Monday, November 24, 2014

Mockingjay Pt 1 Movie Discussion

Yep, You know what time it is. Time to talk about MOCKINGJAY PART 1! 
If you have not read the Hunger Games trilogy- What are you still doing here, go read it right NOW.
Well anyway, Mockingjay (the 3rd and final book) has been split into 2 movies and Mockingjay pt 1 has just been released in cinemas, and if you have not seen it yet, I recommend you to go see it ASAP.
If you have not seen the trailer yet- Here it is..

Now if you have not read the books or watched the movie, this review may be a little spoilery - so just beware.

First off, Mockingjay was my least favorite book in the trilogy. I found it very hard to get into and it was not nearly as good as the Hunger Games and Catching fire.
But I regret to say that Mockingjay the movie was better than the book.. I know it sounds really bad, but it's the harsh truth.

Ok, now onto the movie. The acting is spot on! Jennifer Lawrence did such an amazing job playing Katniss and I wouldn't want to choose any other actor! 
We also get to see much more of Gale in this film, unlike in the Hunger Games and Catching fire; where he was hardly in the films at all! Liam Hemsworth proves to be perfect for the role of Gale and I am very happy with his casting! He's also a bit of eye candy ;)
Overall I am extremely happy with the acting and castings.

This movie has to be the funniest of them all, I mean every movie has to have a bit of humor put in with the seriousness, and the humor in this was spot on! There are many laughs in this movie to even out the intense moments!

This movie definitely had moments where I was at the edge of my seat, there were many very intense scenes that had my heart racing. Like when Gale and the others went to rescue Peeta, Johanna and Annie- oooh that was soooo intense, even though I have already read the book and I knew what was going to happen!

Oooh and we can't forget Peeta. Peeta was hardly in this film at all and it makes me really sad. Peeta is one of my all time favorite characters in the Hunger Games trilogy and it was hard to not see him much at all.




Woah I am talking way way to much right now. This movie is sooooo AMAZING and I would rate it a 5/5 stars. You guys should definitely go see it if you haven't already!
And also if you have not yet read the books- go to the right away PLEASE :P

Happy reading everyone!
Chelsea xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment